Email continues to be the most effective way to deliver your message directly to your customers and prospects. While sending an email — even a fancy marketing email — to your prospects and customers is relatively straightforward, it’s what happens after you hit send that really counts. If you’re not managing your emails, then you are losing data that is pivotal in generating viable leads and creating brand awareness. Many small to midsized business owners aren’t aware of email campaign management — and it could cost you.
What’s the Difference Between Email Marketing and Email Campaign Management?
There is a vast difference between email marketing and email campaign management — though the two often go hand-in-hand. Email marketing is simply that: marketing through email channels. You may get analytics, such as click-thru and open rates, but creating the messaging and deciding how frequently you want to communicate to your customer base is entirely up to you.
Email campaign management takes your email marketing to a whole other level — with planning, list building, message development, segmentation, executing, monitoring, and tracking your communication campaigns. It enables you to get macro level insights into just how well your email marketing efforts are performing and enables you to adjust your messaging accordingly. In short, email campaign management optimizes your marketing spend so that you get the best value for your advertising dollars.
5 Reasons Why You Need Email Campaign Management
- You want to maximize your marketing spend.The old adage “you gotta spend money to make money” is true. While word-of-mouth is definitely helpful, it’s not enough; you need to invest in marketing and advertising to grow your business. Email campaign management goes beyond simple email marketing and takes care of the management of your customer communication campaigns for you. From planning to executing, tracking and reporting, email campaign management optimizes your messaging so you can deliver the right message to your target audience.
- You know what you want to say, but not how to say it.Let’s say you created a new and exciting product and you think that your customers will want to know more about it. You’re probably right, but if you don’t craft your message just the right way you may miss the mark with your audience. Messaging is key to ensuring that you get results from your email marketing efforts. Email campaign management takes the guess work out of your marketing efforts and tailors your message to your audience, and provides you with trackable and measurable results.
- You’re not sure what to say, but you want to say something.You know that in order to grow your business you need to stay in front of your customers. But how? If you know how often your audience likes to hear from you and what kind of content they’re looking for, you can customize your communication efforts to have a greater influence with your marketing. Email campaign management tracks the responsiveness of your audience to individual communication campaigns and adjusts the content and frequency of your messaging accordingly.
- You want to make sure that your email list is viable. Email campaign management takes the guesswork out of lead generation by ensuring that your email lists are scrubbed and that you only reach out to prospects that are interested in what you have to say.
- You can’t be everywhere at once. Marketing and advertising are full-time jobs. So is running a business. In order to grow your customer base you need to bring in customers, but in order to take care of your customers you need to be available when your customers need you. Short of learning how to live on three hours of sleep a night in order to do all the things you need to do, your best bet is to utilize email campaign management to fully optimize your email marketing and customer engagement efforts.